Network History

All the information you need to know regarding the EvangelionIRC Network.

Moderator: Network Administrators

Allison
Network Diva
Network Diva

Network History

Post by Allison » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:40 pm

The EvangelionIRC Network was created on September 17th, 2004, as a part of TheGodlyNet, now long since defunct. Our original servers were Father, TheSon, and Brotherhood, all hosted on the same box,just listening to a different port.

After the dissolution of TheGodlyNet, the network went through several name changes, being FamilyIRC, 3-A IRC, and NeoChat, all hosted on various servers. The list of network owners changed multiple times, and hadn't quite set into focus.

Eventually, the network settled on the EvangelionIRC network. Except for a brief time when the network would have been known as NovaStar IRC, we changed back to EvangelionIRC in 2019.

Finally, in 2019, myself, and Daniel (Terminal) decided to bring the network back for real, and keep it running. And now, we stand here, intending to continue on, establishing our place as a friendly, fun place to chat.

Side note: EvangelionIRC does not refer to a religious context, but alludes to an anime called Neon Genesis Evangelion.
"The best solution is the easiest one, and killing you is hard. JUST GO. - GLaDOS
"Step in the light, and bathe in all you've wanted. I'll wait for you, let's start this time anew. Your absent smile, scorched in frozen flame, yet I'll still call out your name..."

=====================
* Allison removes the m_quit module
<~Allison> Now nobody can quit the server! We're Hotel California up in this bitch!

=====================
=====================
Network Founder/Owner/DJane